Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Injury

So last week was crazy. Matt left on Sunday for a conference and got back on Wednesday. I work on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, so I was alone. I have to be at work at 7. Myers can't get to school until 7:30, so my sister had to be here every morning at 6:45 to take him to school. Matt got back on Wednesday afternoon, and I left Wednesday night for a conference in Biloxi. Wednesday was Matt's birthday, and we basically saw each other long enough for Gina to treat us to a birthday dinner. Thursday morning while I was at the conference I noticed I had 2 missed calls from Myers' school. I called them back (sick to my stomach) and they said Myers had fallen and busted his lip open. I asked if she thought he needed stitches, and her answer was "maybe". By this point I'm about to throw up and bawl cry. Matt went and got him from school. Poor baby's shirt was covered with blood. All the teachers gave him lots of TLC and decided he didn't need any stitches. Instead he got to go to Burger King and get a crown and a milkshake.

This is a really bad picture, but you can see how swollen it was.


Notice that Matt let him go to Burger King in a size 4 (he wears a 24 month) Cubs t-shirt that Uncle Marcus brought him from Chicago. This would have never happened if I would have been in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment